Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advise me... Persistent Macro
We run the same macro over and over again to change dimensions.... Is there a way to not use the file/open method?

Thank you
I noticed in Jim Brown's tutorial Getting started with DC macros they use to have an option to start a macro from the menu, it looks like he was using Deltacad version 7. It had a Edit Macro List option. See page 3 to 7 of the tutorial PDF.
http://www.deltacadusersgroup.org/Forums/showthread.php?tid=166&pid=486#pid486

If you put a ~ (squiggle symbol) at the beginning of the macro name it puts the macro at the top of the file name list.  If you have several macros that you want at the top of the file name list you can put a number at the beginning of each macro name (  0 -  to  9 - ).

Another thing you can do is put the Macro on a desktop shortcut and set its property to open Deltacad.
You will have to put code in the macro to load the CAD file. You can open a CAD file or execute a Macro from a desktop shortcut but I couldn't do both.
Code:
F$=InputBox("Enter file name")
dcOpen "C:\Deltacad\" + F$ + ".DC"
Macro
(05-05-2016, 12:23 AM)AlwMVMO Wrote: I noticed in Jim Brown's tutorial Getting started with DC macros they use to have an option to start a macro from the menu, it looks like he was using Deltacad version 7. It had a Edit Macro List option. See page 3 to 7 of the tutorial PDF.
http://www.deltacadusersgroup.org/Forums/showthread.php?tid=166&pid=486#pid486

If you put a ~ (squiggle symbol) at the beginning of the macro name it puts the macro at the top of the file name list.  If you have several macros that you want at the top of the file name list you can put a number at the beginning of each macro name (  0 -  to  9 - ).

Another thing you can do is put the Macro on a desktop shortcut and set its property to open Deltacad.
You will have to put code in the macro to load the CAD file. You can open a CAD file or execute a Macro from a desktop shortcut but I couldn't do both.

Code:
F$=InputBox("Enter file name")
dcOpen "C:\Deltacad\" + F$ + ".DC"
Macro
Thank you for the response! 
Those are things that we are currently doing.... I am looking for a way to quickly rerun the same macro after a drawing has been created in the same session...

Thanks again
I found and downloaded a copy of Deltacad Version 7 Demo trial and the Macro List option in it is really nice.
I really don't know why they didn't keep it.  Maybe a lot of overhead programming, a generic open/file method was probably easier and less coding.
It does only take 4 mouse clicks to start a macro. If you double click the macro it saves having to move the mouse pointer to the RUN button.
Hi All,

I can tell you I wish they kept that option to add to a macro list (I did look to see if there was some way of doing it).
A real find for me were the MsgBox options in the tutorial.
Why this is not documented in "Basic.pdf" is a question because I did look to see if there were any options.
Actually I wish I new about the tutorial before learning the DeltaCad macro language.

On another note, my run in with DeltaCad crashes after installing the latest patch has stopped after reinstalling and not installing the patch. What was the patch supposed to do?

Regards AlanC
Has anybody ever used a application that sends keystrokes to another application?
Such as https://www.autohotkey.com/
I wonder if something like this could start a macro with one keystroke?
Installing 2 different versions of Deltacad wasn't a very good idea. Version 7.0 won't open Version 8.0 files.