Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pasting Symbols into sheet w/ Diff Scale
I imported a jpg of pdf drawing and used the scale routine to get the dimension correct (33.003612)
I then imported some 2d blocks of furniture which are a different scale (7.88188)

When I copy and past between the two open .dc files the symbol is way too tiny
If paste from the symbol library, it takes the floor plan and makes it dissappear.

I want to use the symbol at the scale of the drawing and retain the correct scale for both

help
Does the JPG image disappear or the imported Symbol objects?
If the Symbol objects disappear then the JPG image is covering up the Symbol objects.
If this is the case then go to the Edit tab and select the Z down button and click on the edge of the JPG image.
This will push the JPG image behind the Symbol objects.

Was your furniture Symbol file drawn at full scale? example: a 5 foot x 3 foot desk drawn to 60 inches x 36 inches.
If so you shouldn't have to rescale the furniture Symbol objects.
Then the floor plan could be at full scale. example: 12 foot x 10 foot floor plan scaled to 144 inches x 120 inches.
A JPG image can be rescaled with the Edit button at the Edit tab in either X or Y or both directions.

P.S. If the floor plan isn't too complicated maybe you could trace the floor plan, that way you don't have to worry about the JPG image covering your furniture objects.

Alan
(11-02-2016, 04:01 PM)AlwMVMO Wrote: Does the JPG image disappear or the imported Symbol objects?
If the Symbol objects disappear then the JPG image is covering up the Symbol objects.
If this is the case then go to the Edit tab and select the Z down button and click on the edge of the JPG image.
This will push the JPG image behind the Symbol objects.

Was your furniture Symbol file drawn at full scale? example: a 5 foot x 3 foot desk drawn to 60 inches x 36 inches.
If so you shouldn't have to rescale the furniture Symbol objects.
Then the floor plan could be at full scale. example: 12 foot x 10 foot floor plan scaled to 144 inches x 120 inches.
A JPG image can be rescaled with the Edit button at the Edit tab in either X or Y or both directions.

P.S. If the floor plan isn't too complicated maybe you could trace the floor plan, that way you don't have to worry about the JPG image covering your furniture objects.

Alan

Alan,
I hadn't thought about the layer position.  I'll do that.
Also, It was my impression that only the selected item was subject to the scaling command, therefore symbols or copied objects at a different scale should be able to be manipulated to match the "main" scale.  Yes?
Another thing to check is Pasting Options under Options --> Options menu.

If Paste Options is set to Original Layer then:
Objects in a Symbol file created under the layer name Default and in your drawing you created a new layer name and set it as current then when you retrieve a symbol file those objects will still be under the layer name Default.

If Paste Options is set to Current Layer then:
Objects in a retrieved Symbol file will be set to your current layer.
(11-02-2016, 04:25 PM)AlwMVMO Wrote: Another thing to check is Pasting Options under Options --> Options menu.

If Paste Options is set to Original Layer then:
Objects in a Symbol file created under the layer name Default and in your drawing you created a new layer name and set it as current then when you retrieve a symbol file those objects will still be under the layer name Default.

If Paste Options is set to Current Layer then:
Objects in a retrieved Symbol file will be set to your current layer.

Thanks,
I'll let everyone know how it turns out
P.S.  If you use big black New Reply button at the bottom, it will eliminate all the text of the post you are responding to.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Symbols pasting on wrong layer Brewster 5 5,954 07-21-2013, 07:58 PM
Last Post: Brewster