Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opening .dc Files
Hello: I'm new here. First post. I have used DC off and on for a few years but I am still pretty much a newbie.

Are there an apps, other than DC itself, that can open a .dc file statically so that I can print it or maybe even (hope, hope) convert them to a format that LibreCAD can open? I recently switched my computer's OS to Linux and forgot to print a few files before doing so (Oops!) and I don't have a second computer running Windows. Thanks for any help.
If you lost your Authorization code when you bought your DeltaCad, you can download the Demo Version here.
Or if you do have your Authorization code, you can download the Regular Version here.
Then you will have to setup your Linux to run a Windows App and install DeltaCad.

Only DeltaCad can read DeltaCad files, but it can also read and write DWG and DXF files.
If you contact Midnight Software they should be able to find your purchase and reissue your Authorization code, it has been done before.
Then I would copy the Setup file and the Authorization code to a CD as a backup.
(12-18-2016, 12:20 AM)AlwMVMO Wrote: If you lost your Authorization code when you bought your DeltaCad, you can download the Demo Version here.
Or if you do have your Authorization code, you can download the Regular Version here.
Then you will have to setup your Linux to run a Windows App and install DeltaCad.

Only DeltaCad can read DeltaCad files, but it can also read and write DWG and DXF files.
If you contact Midnight Software they should be able to find your purchase and reissue your Authorization code, it has been done before.
Then I would copy the Setup file and the Authorization code to a CD as a backup.

Thanks for this.  Do you know if others have successfully run DeltaCad on Linux using WINE?
I tried DeltaCad using Linux with WINE some time ago. Can't remember which distribution was used.

It worked well, though rather slowly. As I remember, a few entities were not reproduced correctly, notably dotted lines. But if you're desperate you should be able to get usable results.
John
Here's your post from 05-17-2011 
Thanks Alan. I was too lazy to look it up.

Things might go better now with a different Linux distribution and WINE updates.