Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advise me... Linetype Scale
Is there a shortcut to change the line type scaling factors without having to go thru each item manually changing it?  It's not much of a problem if you only draw in one scale, but when you have multiple drawings that you need to back and forth in and often in 3 or 4 different scales, it becomes rather tedious to constantly have to change the line types.  For example, I have drawings that are in 1/4"-1', 1/8"-1', 1/16"-1', 1"-50' and various other scales.
Have you tried setting your line type scaling factors and before you draw anything save it to a file and call it something that indicate what scaling factor it is. And then when you open that file all the line type scaling factors will be set. Just remember to rename it before you resave it or make sure you have multiple backup files for each scaling factor file. 

Slashes and other special character cannot be used in file names (Drawing1/4"-1' will not work but Drawing14-1 will), you will have to experiment with the file names.

I never really played around much with the scaling factors and line types but I just noticed when I start a drawing with the FILE-NEW option and I picked one of the pre-made border files and picked a scaling factor such as 1/4"-1' that scaling factor will be put on the border drawing description block. But if I opened a pre-made border with the FILE-OPEN option the scale says   ~SCALE~
Allens advise is best,
Create your "template" then save it as a read-only file, that way you have to rename it each time and it won't write over your template.
Thank you much for the help.  Smile