Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confused Printing
DeltaCAD always insists on prints 2 copies...even though I don't tell it to print an extra copy. I end up with 2 identical sheets.

Another issue I have is printing ARCH size sheets. When I try, DeltaCAD always messes up...it insists on drawing it wrong. If I tell it 11x17, it prints perfectly...however, it won't print 12x18 correctly? I cannot get it to print properly. It either prints it as 8.5x11 or it prints it too large. Why does DeltaCAD not properly support ARCH size sheets?

Another issue...I figured out what the problem was, it wasn't addressed in the frequently asked questions. If the border for text goes outside the drawing limits, it will cause strange results...like the drawing not fitting on the sheet. Just something that could be added to the FAQ in case anyone else runs into this issue.
(if you are using Windows 7)
Go to the Windows Control Panel and open Devices and Printers and select your printer then go to Set Preferences and set your Pages per Sheet.  You may have to set your paper size here also but watch out if you are printing different sizes you may have to go back into the Control Panel printer preferences to set for other paper sizes.

Quote: If the border for text goes outside the drawing limits, it will cause strange results...like the drawing not fitting on the sheet.
This is in the Hints and Tips section:
http://www.deltacadusersgroup.org/Forums/showthread.php?tid=727&pid=2572#pid2572
(04-05-2016, 11:45 PM)AlwMVMO Wrote: (if you are using Windows 7)
Go to the Windows Control Panel and open Devices and Printers and select your printer then go to Set Preferences and set your Pages per Sheet.  You may have to set your paper size here also but watch out if you are printing different sizes you may have to go back into the Control Panel printer preferences to set for other paper sizes.
I am using Windows H8.  

As for why it wants to do 2 copies...that is beyond me.  It is only with DeltaCAD that it does this strange thing.  Everything else it does one copy.  The strange thing is, I tell it to do ONE copy...for some strange reason, when it previews, it shows ONE copy with TWO identical sheets.  It only happens with DeltaCAD.  

It says that I can use "US B (11x17)" or "Super B (13x19)" or "A3 (11.7x16.5)"

The only one that it could fit would be the "Super B" however, it centers it on a sheet 13 inches high...so the top border is off the sheet and the bottom border is too high from the bottom of the sheet.  It seems that DeltaCAD does not support 12x18 sheets.  
The other issue is that I cannot get vellum in 13x19 size.  It is either 11x17 or 12x18.  The next size is 17x22 or 18x24...and vellum is expensive.  I don't really want to pay double the price then waste half of the sheet, obviously.
It's hard to know what is going on. Here are some things to look at.
1. When you send a drawing to the printer does a printer icon show up in the notification area at the right end of the taskbar?
2. If you click on it does it show it is printing 1 or 2 pages? 
3. Have you tried different parameters in the Set Print Region settings?
4. Have you tried reinstalling the printer driver?
5. What printer are you using?
6. Can you post a screenshot of the drawing, a screenshot of the Set Print Region settings and a screenshot of the preview?

7. Try running Deltacad in XP Compatibility Mode.

The Set Print Region settings screenshot I attached was for a 8.5 x 11.0, and it says it is going to print 8.267717 x 10.748031
so sometimes it is not going to do exactly what you think it is going to do.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-09-2016, 02:09 AM)AlwMVMO Wrote: It's hard to know what is going on. Here are some things to look at.
1. When you send a drawing to the printer does a printer icon show up in the notification area at the right end of the taskbar?
2. If you click on it does it show it is printing 1 or 2 pages? 
3. Have you tried different parameters in the Set Print Region settings?
4. Have you tried reinstalling the printer driver?
5. What printer are you using?
6. Can you post a screenshot of the drawing, a screenshot of the Set Print Region settings and a screenshot of the preview?

7. Try running Deltacad in XP Compatibility Mode.

The Set Print Region settings screenshot I attached was for a 8.5 x 11.0, and it says it is going to print 8.267717 x 10.748031
so sometimes it is not going to do exactly what you think it is going to do.

Very strange thing has happened.  I switched DeltaCAD to XP Compatibility Mode, and it printed Arch B perfectly.  Smile  

So, then I switched the compatability mode off and...it worked perfectly.  It stopped trying to do the double sheets.  My guess is that whatever it was that was messed up got reset.  I just don't know what got messed up in the first place.  

1. Yes
2. It showed 2 pages, now it shows 1 page.
3. Yes, I have tried different parameters.
4. No, I did not reinstall the printer driver...it was only doing it with DeltaCAD, but that would have been my next step.  (Also, I checked, I have the most current driver).
5. Epson Artisan 1430.  Max paper size is 13x19.

I just printed and checked a 12x18 title block.  It printed almost perfectly.  The printed area came out to 11x17...exact size.  The location on the sheet was a little bit (to the left of center horizontally and just a little bit to the bottom of center vertically.  It still came out WAY better then before.

Thank you very much, AlwMVMO for the assistance.  Smile