Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
print regin settings not allowing to edge of paper
Guys
Been using DC for a few years and love it buuuuuut there is a piss off with printing 1:1 that maybe you can help with...

Say I want to print a drawing on 8.5 x 11 paper and my print region selected is 8.3 x 10.7 DC wants to bump be into 2 pages. So I reduce the region slightly and it gives me the on 1 page. I go ahead and print it and there is like a 1/2" keep out area all around the print that it's not allowing me to print into? Note: It did print everything I asked it to.  Also another thing I noticed is area allowed changed from one printer to another with the same region selected?

Is there a way to override something to print into this supposably keepout area?

Thanks in advance
John
I think a lot of the problems with printing to the edge of the paper is in the printer driver.
Use another app like Paintbrush or a word processor and they won't print to the edge of the paper either.
Check the printer setup under Control Panel to see if there are any settings that can be changed.

Under DeltaCad Set Print Region is a button Def. Paper Size that supposedly tells you the print area
but I rarely print anything out so I don't really know how accurate this information is.

Here is a link to some previous posts
My Def. Paper Size said    height 7.992129   width 10.669291 
so I made a box 10.66, 7.99 and told it to Print All Objects and it gave me 1 page
with about 5/16 border on a Canon MX459 printer.

P.S.
I then measured the box, I made a box  (10.37, 7.75)
then I set my Print Scale to 1.0 and printed it again and it looks like it came out to full scale (1.0)
Thanks for your help and yes it was a function of the printer.... On my hp I was able to select borderless printing in it's setup and that took care of it. On my Cannon printer I was not able to do borderless so at least now I know what's going on
John

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Default Paper Size alanc 4 5,555 06-19-2014, 03:15 AM
Last Post: alanc