Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cross Hatching
I've been looking for the same type of thing for house plans. It would be easier to differentiate solid walls from windows. Or in remodeling, it would indicate new walls to be constructed/added.

I should think a macro could be created to do this. A symbol could be made but it would require snapping the "grain lines" to the outline of the "wood" object.

Unfortunately, our one (sharing) macro writer has been missing since we recovered from our very unfortunate and extended down period. I'm afraid he may not return. You can try to contact him via email. His user name here is "cheez". Click on the "member list", near the top, to get to his profile/email link.

He hasn't responded to any of my emails as yet. Good luck.
Maybe we'll have another macro writer share or join at some time.

Perhaps the cross-hatch patterns are editable/modifiable. HMMM....would be a good idea for a tutorial, if they are, and a reasonable representation of wood grain can be created. Maybe I'll drop a line to Midnight Software and ask them, if we don't get an answer here.

Note: I may move this thread to 'file requests'. But for now, I'll leave it here. Since a symbol or macro file may not be needed and it's a good a place as any to ask.

Messages In This Thread
Cross Hatching - kestrel0222 - 03-27-2008, 11:15 AM
RE: Cross Hatching - Admin 1 - 03-27-2008, 06:32 PM
RE: Cross Hatching - Admin 1 - 03-31-2008, 05:17 AM
RE: Cross Hatching - kestrel0222 - 04-01-2008, 04:14 AM
RE: Cross Hatching - cheez - 11-10-2008, 11:19 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Loosing CROSS-HATCH when saving/exporting Bill Bagge 5 5,873 11-01-2015, 11:48 AM
Last Post: williamj