Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MACRO REQUEST: Text Search within DC files
I’m just thinking out loud here. I know next to nothing about programming and even less about writing macros, so I’m going to be making a lot of assumptions here.

Seeing that macros can access different functions of DeltaCad, (i.e. shapes, circle, line and edit tabs) then I would assume that macros could also access some of, if not all of, the Windows functions as well (i.e. File, Edit, Window etc.).

If the macro could access the File section of the DeltaCad window then it stands to reason the macro should also be able to access all of the items within the drop down menu of the File section.

If that is indeed the case then a "Catalog" macro might be written that could go through the File, Open function and then search for and find any and all .dc files. Once a file is located the file path could be copied and pasted in a DeltaCad drawing. It might also be possible to copy and paste alongside of the file path, the small preview associated with that particular .dc file. Icing on the cake would be for the pasted file path to act as links that would, when selected, open that file in a new DeltaCad drawing.

As if that weren’t enough, how about the macro also acting as a Catalog maintenance macro? Once a day or once a week just run the maintenance function of the macro and let it search for files on the disc that aren’t in the Catalog and if found copy those paths to the Catalog. Once that’s done then it would look for files that are in the Catalog but are no longer on the disc, at which time that Catalog listing would be deleted.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MACRO REQUEST: Text Search within DC files - williamj - 06-15-2013, 09:17 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Creating .sym symbol files from .dxf files dabble 2 5,946 08-20-2014, 07:47 AM
Last Post: sonofdoc