Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Program crashes
Hi everyone,

I'm a new user and although it looks like I'm going for the record of reopening the oldest thread I could find I have this very same problem right here in 2016 using Version 8 (licensed version - not the demo).

I've experienced a few crashes in the past couple of days while experimenting with symbols.

I created one myself and added it to the library and the program was crashing when I placed it in my drawing, so I searched the forum and found this thread which talked about hidden layers.

I opened a brand new blank drawing with just one layer (the default) then placed a couple of symbols - one from the pre-installed library which pasted into the default layer but one of my own got pasted on a new layer called "0".

My question is how to create symbols which have no hidden layers - I don't know if that's the cause of the crash because it's a bit hit or miss whether it crashes or not, but it only happened when placing symbols.

How do these symbols acquire these hidden layers?

Regards
Paul

P.S. never knew how to even draw a line in CAD before I came across DeltaCad just about a week ago - if I just needed a Cad program for my own use this would be it - I love the simplicity of the interface (and the tutorial videos on YouTube have been a huge help) but, in truth, I will need to learn AutoCad eventually (for work) but DeltaCad is a great introduction to it all and has already proved its worth to me, so I thought I'd stump up the money to get me past the 45 day demo period by way of saying thanks.

Messages In This Thread
Program crashes - Sparky - 10-29-2007, 06:12 AM
RE: Program crashes - Admin 1 - 10-29-2007, 07:05 AM
RE: Program crashes - Sparky - 10-29-2007, 01:08 PM
RE: Program crashes - Admin 1 - 10-29-2007, 01:55 PM
RE: Program crashes - Paul_in_Tbilisi - 05-25-2016, 04:30 PM
RE: Program crashes - AlanCooper - 05-26-2016, 09:46 PM
RE: Program crashes - Paul_in_Tbilisi - 05-27-2016, 03:05 PM
RE: Program crashes - williamj - 05-27-2016, 10:40 PM