Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to add color to a drawing
Oh boy, don't get me started on the MS Paint vs DeltaCad thing. I did that on another site, and needless to say, it got pretty ugly. They are completely different animals, as it were. And, well, MS Paint is sooooo old... It was created in the days of MS DOS and it hasn't improved much since, other than being made Windows compatible. I digress.

Anyway, I don't think there is any CAD program that includes a 'paint can' function - or a 'spray paint' function, for that matter - And why can't MS Paint 'measure' an object or draw anything to scale? Because it's not intended to be used as a CAD program, just as a CAD program can't edit individual pixels, as can be done in MS Paint, since it isn't intended to be a 'graphics editor'.

As pointed out in this thread, any closed object can be filled, in DeltaCad, either when it's originally created or it can be selected and it's properties edited afterwords to apply the 'fill' option. In MS Paint, if the object isn't completely closed, the 'paint' will leak-out all over the place. That can't happen in DeltaCad because it simply won't let you do that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: how to add color to a drawing - Sparky - 05-27-2008, 05:04 PM
RE: how to add color to a drawing - Sparky - 05-30-2008, 03:16 AM
RE: how to add color to a drawing - Sparky - 04-08-2009, 04:00 AM
RE: how to add color to a drawing - Admin 1 - 04-08-2009, 07:46 AM