Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shading/colouring help
Question 
When drawing construction plans I am wanting to shade in areas like walls but not the window. How do I apply a shading to a wall without it going over my wondows in the picture? Huh Huh And to put the colours in without loosing the outlines of the object
Walls and windows should be two different objects. Draw the walls and shade them, draw the windows and shade or color them differently and then place windows on top of walls. The object on top obscures the object on the bottom.

That's the simplest way to do it. The other way involves making see through objects.
(10-22-2016, 08:41 PM)williamj Wrote: Walls and windows should be two different objects. Draw the walls and shade them, draw the windows and shade or color them differently and then place windows on top of walls. The object on top obscures the object on the bottom.

That's the simplest way to do it. The other way involves making see through objects.

What do you mean by see through object. As ideally we would like it as a shaded colour as such not a solid colour
I hope this link actually works, otherwise the thread is in "Hints and Tips".

See Through Object
(10-22-2016, 09:00 PM)williamj Wrote: I hope this link actually works, otherwise the thread is in "Hints and Tips".

See Through Object

Thanks William
Here is DeltaCad's HOUSE sample with cross-hatched walls.  I set the cross-hatch spacing data to .025  ( Menu Option -> Drawing Data )
I didn't apply any cross-hatching or colour to the window sections but it would be easy to do so.
After you apply a polygon shape to the walls it's easy to change to a different cross-hatch pattern by editing the shape.

Alan

Attached Files
.dc   HOUSE2.dc (Size: 5.68 KB / Downloads: 8)